![]() |
| 1951 - My mom and dad on their wedding day. |
![]() |
| Early 1970's. This is my favorite picture of my parents. Love my dad's slacks! |
![]() |
| Christmas 1976. Getting ready to carve that Christmas turkey! |
![]() | |
| Christmas 1982. Yes, this is my mom, her mom, and the three granddaughters. But look behind them! Dad waving. I ♥ this one! |
![]() |
| This was taken at our wedding reception in Oct. 1985. My dad and his brother-in-law, Bob. They were good friends too. I think this is a great picture of my dad. |
![]() | ||
| Summer 1972. Sleeping Bear Dunes. My dad and I walked all the way up and decided to run (not all the way) down. I love this one! |







Family pictures are such a blessing. It helps us remember our roots and the fun times. I have a ton of them in my basement and I hope to blog about some of them in the future.
ReplyDeleteI loved looking at yours.
Smiles to you.
ReplyDeleteAs MY dad always said, "as long as your name is spoken and the stories told you will never die.".
ReplyDeleteHow sweet they look in their wedding photo.
ReplyDeleteHe is still with you in your heart. I feel that way about my Mom. It's tough isn't it?
Aw, sorry I missed reading this yesterday. We always remember the special days and special times with our loved ones.
ReplyDeleteAll the comments above are GREAT - love the quote that "mybabyjohn" left.
"Retired knitter": we just bought a fireproof box to keep our old photos in. Impossible to scan them all for back-ups!
Thank you all for your kind words. I think May has put me in a funk with both my parents' birthdays.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to drag myself out of it though. Thursday is my husband's birthday. He deserves a happy me!
You just hang onto the good memories! I enjoyed your photos:)
ReplyDeleteLovely post, thank you for sharing it with us!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't matter how long someone is gone, you will always miss them. But thinking about them and talking about makes them seem alive again.
ReplyDeleteAwwww, bummer that you lost your dad, Laura. We lost my mom, and my mother-in-law, 2 years apart, and my husband & I miss them terribly.
ReplyDeleteHope your hubby's birthday tomorrow will cheer you up a lot!
Sending smiles to you...