Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Poetry on Wednesday

There are different versions of the following poem (nursery rhyme, actually), but this is the one I would sing to my son when he was a little guy...

Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John,
Went to bed with his trousers on;
One shoe off, and one shoe on,
Diddle, diddle, dumpling my son John
Wishing my son, Jon, the happiest of birthdays!
It's a lucky thing you were a boy -
Gigi (my mom) wanted us to name you Spring
if you were a girl!
 Finding it hard to believe that it's been 23 years since I gave birth to the baby of the family!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable picture and that's exactly how I know that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that age. You never know what position or where on they bed they may travel. What a sweetie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet picture! It's hard to believe when our little ones are all grown up....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jon! I remember that ditty - we used to say it when I was young. I only remembered the part about the one shoe off one shoe on - I'd forgotten about the trousers :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day a little brighter! ☼

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.