I apologize to any of my facebook friends for excess facebook status updates Saturday evening. Jim did all the driving and I was stir crazy! ;-)
I did get a few things at the antique store, mostly photos which I will share in future Simple Sundays. :-)
Saturday night, on our way home, we really didn't need to stop and have dinner because we'd had lunch with some friends before we left to come home. Jim just couldn't seem to pass Tony's without stopping. I don't have a problem passing on by. The novelty of the huge portions is fun, but what a waste. I got pancakes, couldn't finish a third of them, took them home and gave them to the dogs. I think it'd be fun to go for a banana split...with a group of people. Check the link above to see what I mean.
On Friday, I will start my 100 follower celebration giveaway. I promise. I've got an idea of what I want to give away and Friday seems a good day to start. :-)
Happy Halloween! We used to get around 30 trick or treaters here when we first moved in about 20 years ago. Now? For the past couple of years we've gotten one. Yep. One. And he's my nephew's little guy. I think they keep coming because they feel sorry for us. There's a little hope for this year though. Our neighbors' daughter moved in with her two kids so maybe, just maybe, they'll stop by too. We have plenty of candy. Just in case.
Hope everyone has a spooktacular night!

Every year our trick or treater population drops....I think parents are starting to discourage it. Maybe not a bad idea.
ReplyDeleteThose pancakes look really good. Haven't had any in like forever.
ReplyDeleteYes, I have also not had pancakes in forever. That look very good - but HUGE.
ReplyDeleteWe actually didn't pass out candy this year, and when I looked out the window I saw very few kids out! We'll have to check out Tony's dome day, although I agree with you..too big of portions is a waste.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a large serving of breakfast! I didn't get any trick or treaters besides my two kids!
ReplyDeleteI used to live about 10 minutes from Tony's, so I know what you mean. 4 of us would share the banana split.
ReplyDeleteLove Traverse City and Leelanau Penninsula. Beautiful country.