Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Look Back to 1985

On this day, 26 years ago...

We became a family.

The three of us - we gave Jamie a ring too.

I cherish that our parents were there to celebrate the day with us.

It was truly a family affair. One of my sisters was my matron of honor and my other sister's girls were also part of our wedding. We were missing my brother, who couldn't be there.
Jim's nephew was our ring bearer and his dad (Jim's brother) took all of the photos.
Jim's very long time friend was his best man. ~ His son and our son grew up to become very good friends.
Jim's older sister did up all of our flowers.

Jim's younger sister was part of this decorating crew and I believe she was also our dj!

Our dinner was catered (and I am not filling two plates for myself here, one was for Jamie),
but...

My mother made our wedding cake. Wasn't it beautiful?

We became a family! And it has been a wonderful 26 years!
I can't wait to see what the next 26 (and more) years bring us!
Yep, the family has changed. Just a little!


Madly in love,

14 comments:

  1. The cake WAS beautiful and so were you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love wedding pictures. Yours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful bride, a beautiful cake, and a beautiful family you made together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! That last picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary.
    Wonderful photos . Have a splendid day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary Laura, it sounds like you found a
    "keeper" for life . . .
    And that is a "very good thing . . ."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! Terrific post - love old pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary. We shared very similar weddings. My oldest daughter was 8 and was in our wedding too. She cut the cake with us and we shared giving her a bite. I like the ring idea. I didn't think of that.

    Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Glad you have made it this far - I know you will make it another 26+ years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! Great walk on memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary..I wish you many more happy years together:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day a little brighter! ☼

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.