My mom loved to sing. That's one of my fondest memories of her. The song that we all most associate with her is "You Are My Sunshine". She sang that to each and every grandchild. And most of the greats too.
But there's another song that I remember and I wonder if Jamie will remember too. Jamie and I lived for three years with my parents and sometimes, on a lazy day, she would sing this to Jamie...
Now it never occurred to me to look for it. Maybe I thought she made it up, I don't know. But today I was remembering and I googled and found it. It was recorded in 1933, the year my mom was born.
Memories...
Hi Laura...I too remember that song! My mom used to sing it to us as well! Such a sweet memory! Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteI remember this song ... not by him, but by someone else. But I sing it to myself and sometimes to my Peanut when she's slow walking into the house.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely do remember Gigi singing that song! ♥
ReplyDeleteOh thank you so much for the link I had forgotten my mom singing that.
ReplyDeleteOh I forgot to say I am visiting from Snippets of Ontario at MYbabyjohndelores :)B