Our Little Getaway
We had a great time;
Jamie and I.
Shopping and eating;
Jamie and I.
Shopping and eating;
but not too much.
We laughed a lot;
We laughed a lot;
and remembered the fun
that we had with my mom
on these trips when she could come.
My son texted me last night;
with a wonderful idea.
He and his lovely girlfriend
would meet us for lunch today.
They were traveling through the area
on their way home from
a weekend away.
The perfect way
to end a wonderful
time away!
~Laura Welser
Yes, I realize that is not a poem and I made it up as I went along. But I centered it and italicized it so it kind of looks like a poem. I probably shouldn't have signed my name to it though.
I'll do better next week!
Sure it's poetry - freestyle, perfectly legitimate. I like it.
ReplyDeleteIt's so special, being able to do things with our children.
Looks good to me...all happy stuff...gotta love it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful photograph. I felt drawn into it, wishing it were real! And laying your experience out in stanza form beautifully heightens it. Nice!
ReplyDelete