“The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Simple Sunday...the "I'm back" edition!
Jim found this one for me. I had to buy it because:
a) I felt bad for the horse
b) I wondered why
c) It made it all these years and found its way into an antique store
Welcome back! Does make you wonder, doesn't it...my wild guess is that the saddle was the only point of the photo - must've been a new one or something - or else surely they'd not have kept the photo without the horse's head. It's different. I like it.
Interesting photo. Maybe the picture-taker wanted everyone to see his/her ornate saddle, and so the horse's head wasn't important to them. LOL
I'm glad you're back too, although I've been gone for so many months that I didn't know YOU had been gone too. So now we're BOTH back! And it's nice to be able to read your posts again. Take care!
Quite unusual photo, happy to have you back!
ReplyDeleteLaura, I agree with Claudia. Where's the poor horse's head?
ReplyDeleteWeird how they didnt get the horses head in the photo ! still a nice old photo ! Have a wonderful day !
ReplyDeleteWhat an unusual photo. Sure missed getting the horse's head in it. Good to see you back.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
ReplyDeleteDoes make you wonder, doesn't it...my wild guess is that the saddle was the only point of the photo - must've been a new one or something - or else surely they'd not have kept the photo without the horse's head.
It's different. I like it.
Good steed for the headless horseman.
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting photo! Must have been someone's favorite horse to get its own portrait :)
ReplyDeleteVery interesting photo - and glad to have you back!!
ReplyDeleteGreat photograph. Wonder if the photographer was upset when they figured out the horses head was missing!
ReplyDeleteI bet the guy made saddles:)
ReplyDeleteThe "faceless" horse. I love it. I love all kinds of old photographs like this. They're priceless!
ReplyDeleteAnn Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs
Interesting photo. Maybe the picture-taker wanted everyone to see his/her ornate saddle, and so the horse's head wasn't important to them. LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're back too, although I've been gone for so many months that I didn't know YOU had been gone too. So now we're BOTH back! And it's nice to be able to read your posts again. Take care!