“The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Simple Sunday
Jim was putting the flag up yesterday and I was struck by the way our big dog, Duke, was sitting there watching him.
I just showed this to Jim late last night (he didn't realize Duke was sitting like that) and he pointed out that Duke has attended enough Boy Scout events to realize that he must show reverence. The scouts camp in our camp/lodge area back in our woods a couple of times a year. There is always a flag raising and lowering every day that they camp. The dogs love to be out there with those boys. They get tons of attention (and food) ☺ Every fall they do a flag retiring ceremony. Sometime I will have to tell the quick story of Sosha at last year's ceremony...
He's a true patriot! He will soon earn his pins! I am a new blogger and just found yours. I am a former Michigander who now lives in Canada. Please drop by my blog and say"hi" when you have the time. I will pray for your health troubles. I have had "slight" problems with that, so I can only imagine what you are suffering. Take care-Kimberly
Like he was waiting to salute or sing the National Anthum or something. Cute! I just love dogs!!
ReplyDeleteHe has a sense of occasion.
ReplyDeleteMaybe on day he'll put up the flag for you and take it down.
ReplyDeleteSir Poops-A-Lot
and
Hair Ball
I just showed this to Jim late last night (he didn't realize Duke was sitting like that) and he pointed out that Duke has attended enough Boy Scout events to realize that he must show reverence. The scouts camp in our camp/lodge area back in our woods a couple of times a year. There is always a flag raising and lowering every day that they camp. The dogs love to be out there with those boys. They get tons of attention (and food) ☺
ReplyDeleteEvery fall they do a flag retiring ceremony. Sometime I will have to tell the quick story of Sosha at last year's ceremony...
I love this!
ReplyDeleteI love dogs!! But I really love that you guys fly our flag with reverence!!
~d
Great snapshot!
ReplyDeleteYes, he seems very....reverent!
ReplyDeleteI love this picture. That is one great respectful dog :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a very nice picture. I agree with Rhonda - looks like he's showing respect.
ReplyDeleteHe's a true patriot! He will soon earn his pins!
ReplyDeleteI am a new blogger and just found yours. I am a former Michigander who now lives in Canada. Please drop by my blog and say"hi" when you have the time.
I will pray for your health troubles. I have had "slight" problems with that, so I can only imagine what you are suffering.
Take care-Kimberly
Looks like they're making sure he's doing It right.
ReplyDeleteA very sweet and touching patriotic picture....
That is so sweet! Mine only does that if he thinks I have some chicken treats.
ReplyDeleteYou have one very patriotic pooch! This is a great picture! Happy 4th of July! Julie
ReplyDeleteDogs are great, aren't they? Loyal, unconditional love, slobbery kisses, gentle spirits...love them!
ReplyDeleteGreat picture!
What an intelligent and patriotic puppy!! Dogs are the best! And I also love the fact that you guys fly the flag each day!
ReplyDelete