The bird feeder has always been outside the dining room window and in the front yard, because that's where I always used to spend a great deal of time. Not eating, even if that's the first thought that popped into your mind, but doing our business bookwork. I didn't have a large desk to spread my books out, so I spread everything out on the dining room table when I had work to do.
After we found ourselves with an empty bedroom, my husband and son went out one night, right before my birthday that year, and came back with a large u-shaped desk and computer. Wow! Great birthday! Finally my own space!
I do miss letting my mind wander and gazing out the window to watch my bird friends. I still enjoy watching them at mealtimes though and sometimes just sit to see what's happening when there's a flurry of activity, as is often the case after a big snowfall like we had a few days ago. My bird feeders are always more popular then. After the last one, I perched my own self right by my big dining room window to see if I could do some bird watching.
 |
| I love a new snow when the animal prints are still fresh. The birds were out looking for breakfast first thing! |
 |
| Some birds love the bird feeder and some are ground feeders. This little Junco seems to do both. |
 |
| The Downy Woodpeckers love the suet feeders. That's why we have two. Yes, they both needed refills. |
 |
| Chickadee waiting its turn at the feeder... |
 |
| ...Because the beautiful Cardinals aren't very good about sharing the feeder. Although you see others with Mrs. Cardinal here, they didn't get to stay long. |
 |
| And then Mr. Cardinal took his turn. |
 |
| But they all flew away when the dreaded black bird dog visited the feeder! :-) |
You have a bigger variety of birds than we do ... and we don't have Cardinals here. Thank you for visiting my blog.
ReplyDeleteWe have a dreaded "Aussie" that visits ours. He's so bored that scaring the birds out of the yard has become a regular part of his routine when he does get to to out. Good pics!
ReplyDeletenice picture, i remember your feeders outside the living room
ReplyDeleteI often wish I had a window where I work..or blog...too. I've just found you through my friend Misha's blog! I have always loved Laura Ingalls Wilder too. : )
ReplyDelete~Andrea~