This year, I wanted to get chicks, but thought better of it. Now, Jamie's little dog, Sosha, is added to the mix and we just feel that both dogs would think a bunch of baby chicks would be a great deal of fun to play with. So, no chicks this year either.
For the past two nights, Duke has decided to bark and urgently beg to go out after 10pm. Usually, he's zonked out by then. Last night, I was
I used to love raccoons, even raised an orphaned one back when I was a teen. Then, we had ducks and I found that raccoons are pretty vicious. I have seen the destruction they have caused when they got into our shop and then into one of our trucks that had leftovers in it from my husband's lunch. And, I am an animal lover, but I'm sorry, what happened to my ducks changed my mind about raccoons and, sometimes, when we are just overtaken by them I told my husband not to tell me what happens out back if he has to take action...
Does anyone know of ways to keep predators out of the chicken/duck pen? We tried everything: buried fencing (to keep them from digging under it), electric fence, roofing the fence, barbed wire, etc. Those raccoons were able to get through them all! Next year, I really want chickens, just a few. The dogs will be older, wiser and lazier and I'm sure they'll leave them alone, but how to keep the vicious predators out?
Have a clucky day! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments make my day a little brighter! ☼
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.